Calculations form an integral part of research and development. Their purpose is to confirm that the proposed construction design will meet the required parameters or to suggest where there is a need for change for achievement of compliance with the required parameters.
The company performs a large number of different calculations as part of the development process. The calculations can be classified as follows:
- Strength calculations:
- Complex calculations of railway vehicles and their components based
on European standards, UIC decrees and customer requierements,
- Optimisation of constructions and failure analyses,
- Assessment of constructions for fatigue of material and operation strength pursuant to valid standards,
- Linear calculations (FEM, assessment of permanent strength),
- Non-linear calculations (FEM - material and geometric non-linearity, contact tasks),
- Crash calculations.
- Simulations of riding properties of railway vehicles:
- Traffic safety,
- Impact on the rail,
- Comfort, vibrations,
- Safety and protection against derailement on a twisted track rail.
- Running gear design and optimisation:
- Suspension calculations,
- Shock absorption calculations.
- Rolling stock construction gauge calculations.
- Design and optimisation of traction systems.
- Design and optimisation of braking systems:
- Braking calculations pursuant to UIC.
- Thermal calculations:
- Air conditioning.