Equipment of Testing Laboratory
The experimental base uses a thermally insulated testing hall of light construction with the size of 18 x 54 m, including:
- Inspection and assembly channel,
- Measurement turntable,
- Calibration bench for instrumented wheelsets,
- Unit-built clamping fixtures for the clamping and static loading of parts of rail vehicles on racks,
- Pillar jib crane with the capacity of 5 t,
- 4 pairs of locomotive lifting jacks,
- Machine workshop for manufacture of small rigs and sensors on the basis of in-house design.
The VÚKV a.s. testing laboratory further uses the following testing equipment:
- Tensile compression test bench for static strength tests on carbodies and underframes with the possibility of generating also vertical loads and a longitudinal force of up to 3 MN; a complete hydraulic loading system is available,
- Mobile compression test bench for static strength tests on carbodies with a maximum longitudinal force of up to 500 kN,
- Test bench for the testing of ISO 1C Series containers,
- Computer-controlled mobile test bench (with hydraulic system) for determining safety against derailment on a twisted track as laid down in ERRI B55 RP8 and other documents,
- Hump in a gravity yard and all the necessary equipment (including an impacting car) for conducting impact tests,
- Instrumented measuring car for dynamic tests on track - up to 200 km/h,
- Equipment for testing flame propagation on the surface of materials and fire resistance tests on selected types of materials in line with UIC 564-2.
Measuring and evaluation systems:
- Peekel Instruments static strain-gauge datalogger with the possibility of measuring up to 500 channels,
- MGC + Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik dynamic measuring bridges and amplifiers provided with a link-up to computers and other essential instruments,
- systems of wireless transfer of the measured quantities.