Equipment of Testing Laboratory
The experimental base uses a thermally insulated testing hall of light construction with the size of 18 x 54 m, including:
- Inspection and assembly channel,
- Measurement turntable,
- Calibration bench for instrumented wheelsets,
- Unit-built clamping fixtures for the clamping and static loading of parts of rail vehicles on racks,
- Pillar jib crane with the capacity of 5 t,
- 4 pairs of locomotive lifting jacks,
- Machine workshop for manufacture of small rigs and sensors on the basis of in-house design.
The VÚKV a.s. testing laboratory further uses the following testing equipment:
- Tensile compression test bench for static strength tests on carbodies and underframes with the possibility of generating also vertical loads and a longitudinal force of up to 3 MN; a complete hydraulic loading system is available,
- Mobile compression test bench for static strength tests on carbodies with a maximum longitudinal force of up to 500 kN,
- Test bench for the testing of ISO 1C Series containers,
- Computer-controlled mobile test bench (with hydraulic system) for determining safety against derailment on a twisted track as laid down in ERRI B55 RP8 and other documents,
- Hump in a gravity yard and all the necessary equipment (including an impacting car) for conducting impact tests,
- Instrumented measuring car for dynamic tests on track - up to 200 km/h,
- Equipment for testing flame propagation on the surface of materials and fire resistance tests on selected types of materials in line with UIC 564-2.
Measuring and evaluation systems:
- Peekel Instruments static strain-gauge datalogger with the possibility of measuring up to 500 channels,
- MGC + Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik dynamic measuring bridges and amplifiers provided with a link-up to computers and other essential instruments,
- systems of wireless transfer of the measured quantities.
Accessing of supported infrastructure for other users
The VÚKV testing laboratory disposes of new development infrastructure including hall with two tracks with adjacent office facilities and provided with testing technologies supported in the project “Extension of VÚKV a.s. research and development infrastructure” in terms of Enterprising and Innovation for Competitiveness Operational Programme – Potential.
Objective of the project “Extension of research and development infrastructure VÚKV a.s.” (EICOP) was the extension of the research and development centre containing the acquisition of machinery, equipment and further outfit of the centre:
- overhead crane and crane truck with 12 500 kg loading capacity
- overhead crane and crane truck with 6 300 kg loading capacity
- tensile compression test bench for carrying out of static tests of rail vehicle body structures
- measurement turntable for measurement of body to bogie yaw torque measurement
- footer spindle jack with hall traversing
- compressor and air dryer
In connection with this research and development centre extension is possible to use the equipped testing hall for carrying out of development tests e.g. in the area of anti-derailment safety, strength etc. in terms of open access to supported development infrastructure. We are able to offer the following service:
- charter of equipped hall for the test preparation
- anti-derailment safety tests
- ascertaining of bogie yaw torque measurement
- weighing of vehicles
- static strength tests
The access to the research infrastructure for further user is in the form of commercial service possible.
For further information in case of interest for using of the testing hall technology please contact the director of VÚKV a.s. testing laboratory Mr. Jan Čapek, Ph.D.; e-mail email@example.com