Noise measurements inside and outside of the railway vehicles are performed in compliance with the following documents:
- EN ISO 3381, EN ISO 3095
- ERRI B106/RP9 (par. 5.4)
- ERRI C163/RP2
- TSI-PRM: Passenger external doors audible warnings
The aim of the tests is to obtain measurement results of levels and spectra of noise emitted by rolling stock with regard to noise effect on the passengers and the surrounding environment.
The following tests are performed:
- Measurements of noise level outside the stationary vehicle, outside vehicle running at a constant speed (pass-by-noise), accelerating and braking,
- Measurements of noise levels inside the carriage in the passenger area and inside
the driver’s cab under various operation conditions.
In connection with the noise tests we carry out also:
- Measuring of acoustic roughness of the wheel (without necessity to use the lifting devices),
- Measuring of acoustic roughness of the rail,
- Measuring of dynamic properties of the rail.