On track tests of running behaviour shall be carried out in accordance with TSI LOC&PAS, TSI WAG, European and national standards, UIC leaflets or according to special customer requirements.
The testing laboratory carries out the on-track tests using both simplified and normal measuring methods:
- Normal measuring method with measurement of forces between wheel and rail,
- Simplified measuring method with measurement of H-forces,
- Simplified measuring method with measurement of accelerations.
The VÚKV testing laboratory has its own instrumented wheelset technology for measurement of wheel-rail contact forces.
VÚKV instrumented wheelset technology
- is suitable for all wheel disc shapes,
- the measuring system is located only on one side of the wheel disc, so the wheelset does not need to be mechanically modified for the instrumentation; the wheelset can be used in normal operation without damage after the tests are completed,
- a unique calibration rig developed by VÚKV is used to calibrate the wheelset, which results in a high accuracy of the measuring system,
- the calibration rig is portable and enables calibration of the wheelset without its removal from the tested vehicle, at a location requested by the customer (a hall with lifting jacks is required to lift the vehicle for the calibration).
Ride comfort and vibration measurement
The VÚKV test laboratory also performs tests of ride comfort.
These tests shall be carried out in accordance with European, international and national standards, UIC leaflets or according to special customer requirements.